Alide Protect & Cover – Damage, Theft & Loss Waiver
What is Alide Protect & Cover?
Alide Protect and Cover is an optional Damage, Theft & Loss Waiver that customers’ can choose to accept at the start of hire only. Alide Protect & Cover removes worry from the equipment rental process, offering customers peace of mind every time they hire by reducing the named renters’ financial liability in the event the equipment is damaged, stolen or lost during the hire period.
How does Alide Protect & Cover work?
||Liability Excess Amount
20% of the equipment hire charges will be applied to hire agreement.
Cover is compulsory on a number of high value rental items for customers who do not have a pre-agreed account facility.
All costs for damages to the equipment caused during transportation, whilst in use or storage are covered subject to the Liability Excess Amount, the HAE Hire Agreement terms and conditions and the exclusions below.
All costs for replacing the equipment in the event that it is stolen or lost whilst in the customers possession are subject to the Liability Excess Amount, the HAE Hire Agreement terms and conditions and the exclusions below.
10% of repair or replacement value.
(subject to a maximum fee of £500)
What are the exclusions for Alide Protect & Cover?
- Damage, theft or loss of the equipment due to wilful act, neglect & misuse including failure to clean and conduct routine maintenance as per instructions.
- Damage, theft or loss to the equipment due to fraud or dishonesty by the hirer, their employees or family members.
- Damage, theft or loss of the equipment due to inadequate safe storage. Equipment must be secured under lock and key and may only be placed on a trailer during transport.
- Rubber tyres and/or punctures.
- Unexplained Losses or malicious damage – all incidents must be reported to the Police and supported by a crime reference number within 48 hours of occurring.
- Damage caused by chemical spills, paint, concrete, masonry (or similar) spillage or overspray.
- Damage, theft or loss arising outside of the United Kingdom.
- Damage, theft or loss if the property is hired by you to another hirer (unless declared and agreed in advance).
- Terrorism, Pollution, Nuclear Contamination, War.
- Damage, theft and loss resulting from a breach by the Customer of any terms of the Contract (HAE Conditions for Hire and Sale of Goods to Consumers and Business).
What are the rules and procedures for Alide Protect & Cover?
- In the event of damage, theft or loss the Liability Excess Amount will apply.
- Where the loss involves theft or malicious damage, the Police must be notified and the hirer must supply Alide Hire Services with the crime reference number within 48 hours of occurring. Additionally, the customer must preserve any damaged property that might prove necessary as evidence.
- Waivers are invalid where customers fail to pay the Hire charges, Damage, Theft & Loss Waiver charges and Excess in full. This includes keeping all credit account facilities within payment terms.
- At the point of discovery of damage, theft or loss to the hired equipment the hirer must immediately notify Alide Hire Services with full details.
- Please note that Alide Protect & Cover is not an insurance product or service.
- Alide Protect & Cover may not be available in some circumstances.
- Alide Protect & Cover waiver does not apply to any liability for death, injury, loss or damage to other property arising from the use of the equipment and such matters remain the responsibility of the hirer under clause 13 of the Alide Hire Services agreement HAE terms and conditions.
- Alide Protect & Cover ceases at the end of the hire period (or when hire charge payments have lapsed).
What if I do not choose to accept Alide Protect & Cover?
- In the event that a customer chooses not to accept Alide Protect & Cover then they will be subject to the Alide Hire Services standard HAE Terms & Conditions, namely the HAE conditions for Hire and Sale of Goods to Consumers and Business which can be viewed on our website.